Orlando Car Accident Attorney
Injured in a Car Accident? Contact the Orlando Car Accident Attorney at Badgley Law Group today
Various federal agencies and private organizations are usually able to closely predict future trends around road safety countrywide by using myriad sources of historical national and international data. This kind of projection is however significantly more difficult to do for the state of Florida. With more than 15 million drivers, notorious traffic gridlock and regular tropical cyclones, it is perhaps not surprising Florida has been a car accident hotspot for years.
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV), there were more than 370,000 traffic accidents in 2015 which translates to about 1,000 crashes per day. These resulted in about 3,000 fatalities and 243,000 injuries. Roughly 10 per cent of all road deaths nationwide happen in Florida. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has estimated that car accidents cost Florida in excess of $3 billion each year.
At Badgley Law Group, we work with people injured in a car accident caused by negligence of others. Our experienced Orlando car accident attorney can assist you in pursuing the compensation you deserve in order to cover both medical expenses, pain and suffering, property damage and lost income. Contact us for a free consultation that includes a discussion on your legal options.
Numerous Causes of Car Accidents
There are numerous possible causes of car accidents. Nevertheless, some causes are far more frequent than others. Major reasons for an accident include:
- Drunk Driving – There were 16,400 alcohol suspected crashes in Florida in 2015, 908 road fatalities and 10,785 injuries
- Drug-Impaired driving – There were 1,990 drug suspected car accidents in 2015, 376 fatalities and 2,475 injuries
- Distracted Driving – Whenever distracted driving is mentioned, what comes to mind is a driver using a cellphone to talk or text. However, distracted driving may also arise while eating, grooming, fiddling with vehicle controls, reading and passenger conversation.
- Exceeding speed limits – Speed limits are put in place for a reason. Driving beyond the specified speed is likely to make it difficult for the driver to control the vehicle.
- Aggressive driving – Examples of aggressive driving include tailgating, overtaking at blind corners, braking sharply for no urgent reason, abruptly switching lanes and obstructing cars attempting to overtake.
- Fatigued driving – Persons behind the wheel who have not had adequate sleep and rest are likely to cause an accident
- Poor road conditions – This is especially the case when it’s raining heavily
It’s always best to adhere to the rules of the road. However, that cannot guarantee you won’t be involved in an accident. Many factors of accidents are not in your control including other drivers. Negligent drivers should be held accountable in the event of fatality, injury or property damage.
CONTACT OUR ORLANDO AUTO ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY!
Once you are in a car accident, get in touch with an experienced Orlando car accident attorney at Badgley Law Group to ensure all your bases are covered from the beginning. Some forms of evidence become harder to obtain the longer a victim waits after the accident to seek legal redress. There are however time limits within which a car accident claim should be filed so, contact Jeffrey Badgley at the Badgley Law Group right away for a free consultation today.