Attorneys Representing Medical Malpractice Victims
It is a uniquely challenging situation when a medical professional betrays our trust by acting negligently. The results can be anything from increased development of an illness, a serious injury or even wrongful death. With the medical and legal complications of a malpractice claim, many victims feel intimidated and unsure of how to bring a claim.
At Badgley Law Group, in Orlando, we help clients in a range of medical malpractice and other injury claims. Clients in Orlando and throughout central Florida trust our knowledge and experience. We can help you determine whether you have a claim, and we will fight to help you obtain maximum compensation for the damages and losses you have suffered.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Situations of medical malpractice occur when a doctor or another health care worker offers treatment that does not meet an acceptable standard of care in the medical community, which puts the patient at risk of suffering an injury or death. Generally speaking, if health care workers don’t take action in situations where other individuals who have the same level of training would have, then they are often considered liable for the losses or injuries that result.
Medical malpractice is a subgroup of tort law dealing with professional negligence. Most medical malpractice cases contain four key elements:
- A professional duty owed to the patient
- The medical professional breached this duty
- There was an injury resulting from the breach
- Damages suffered
Each of these elements has its own nuances and complications. Our attorneys have handled many medical malpractice cases, so we can help you determine if you have a viable claim.
Types Of Cases We Handle
Our lawyers represent clients injured in a range of medical malpractice cases, including:
- Birth Injuries: Birth injuries can include Erb’s palsy, cerebral palsy, c-section errors, misuse of forceps and vacuum technology, hypoxia and anoxia.
- Medical misdiagnosis: Some misdiagnoses can come from failure to diagnose a serious illness or incorrectly diagnosing a set of symptoms.
- Medication errors: In some cases, medication errors come from incorrectly written prescriptions. In other cases, it can come from the pharmacist incorrectly filling out the prescription.
- Surgical errors: Surgeons can make errors that include everything from anesthesia errors and simple mistakes to amputating the wrong body [art or leaving medical instruments inside the body during surgical procedures.
- Nursing home abuse: Inadequate food and hydration, physical abuse, failure to turn immobile patients and dangerous conditions on a nursing home can all constitute abuse or neglect.
Our Attorneys Have The Experience To Help You
A medical malpractice lawsuit differs from other types of personal injury cases because they involve two areas of expertise (which are often intertwined): medicine and legal. These cases are often extremely complicated and require the skill and attention of a lawyer who fully understands these areas.
At Badgley Law Group, our lawyers bring:
- A firm understanding of medicine
- A network of experts and consultants to help build your case
- The ability to decipher complex medical documents
- Knowledge of how to anticipate the defendant’s tactics
- A history of success handling medical malpractice claims
We have what it takes to help you get the compensation you need.